My sister inspired this post... I've not been too inspired lately. So here goes... 16 random facts about myself
1. I was born in Mission Viejo, CA. I moved cities at the ages of 3, 6, 9, 11, 12, 18, and 22. Plus house moves within the cities.
2. My favorite book is War and Peace. I've read it twice. My old favorite was Pride and Prejudice. I also like Forster.
3. But when I want something light and easy I go for Agatha Christie novels. I've been reading them since I was 12 and I'm starting to have a hard time finding books I haven't read of hers.
4. I have two sisters who look more like each other than I look like them. but we still all look pretty darn similar. but I'm the tallest :)
5. I like things that are tweed/patterned/textured/paisley/multicolored. My winter coat isn't black, it's red and white tweed. and I only have two pairs of black socks... the others are all different colors and patterns.
6. During my sophomore year of college, my weight got up to over 200 lbs. I managed to gain the freshman 20 while working out around 20+ hours a week. I'm grossed out when I think about the amount of food that I must have been consuming in order to do that. And I thank my lucky stars that I got mono and dropped 20 lbs.
7. In college I double majored in Biological Anthropology & Anatomy and Cultural Anthropology. That's right... two kinds of anthropology. which is why I'm now in even more school. I also minored in Religion.
8. I believe in luck and I think that I am a lucky person. Ridiculously lucky. I also think that fortune cookies can shape your life if you only believe in them (the week before I met E I got one that said "the one you love is closer than you think")
9. People from my past (like, elementary school) sometimes recognize me. It's because I look incredibly similar to my childhood self.
10. My favorite food is a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich made with crunch peanut butter, raspberry fruit preserves, and toasted wheat bread.
11. I like dancing to 80's music. If it comes on in a bar I can't really help myself. Even if it's not a dancing type bar.
12. I have a tiara that I bought for myself. I sometimes put it on if I'm having a bad day when I sit around the house. Also, I sometimes wear it to sing karaoke in dive bars.
13. I used to be more of a wine person, but I've been transitioning to trying lots of different kinds of good beers. but I'm having my wedding reception at a winery so maybe I'll transition back.
14. I've always thought that I would end up in Austin once I'm done with my training (7 years down, 5-6 more to go!)
15. I love Sunday mornings and making big breakfasts before going to church. This morning was a spinach and white cheddar omelet, toast with honey and butter, turkey bacon, coffee, and grapefruit juice.
16. I have a dog now. I got him when I got E. He used to be E's dog but now he's mine too... His name is Reagan and he's a Basenji mix. He can fly and he receives free internet in his head. He also invented the internet.