Sunday, May 25, 2008

things I love and hate.

I'm not creative today but I am feeling contemplative in a very self-centered and simple kind of way. Ergo, here's a simple love/hate list from me. Because of course you were dying to know. Only shallow things are included because you already know I love God/My Family/the USA and hate cancer/terrorism.

Things I love:
  • Half Price Books
  • reading cookbooks for fun
  • Alfred Hitchcock movies (newly discovered love)
  • English Muffins
  • Goljan audio files (yay passive learning)
  • Mondays. I'm not even kidding, they're my favorite
  • getting up before sunrise
  • big trees
  • salsa bars (not to dance, like they have at taco cabana where you can mix and match salsas for your taco)

Things I hate:
  • being less than 0.5 points away from the next grade up in Clinical Medicine AND Microbiology this year (Micro was less than 0.1)
  • Lactose intolerance
  • the egrets (or whatever) on our campus that poo all over the place and make it smell awful outside for 5 solid months out of the year
  • picky eaters
  • the speed limit signs that start to blink at you when you go 31 mph in a 30.
  • the continued coverage of gas prices in the news. We don't need interviews with some random person complaining about gas prices. That isn't news. I see like ten gas stations on my way to school every day. I know that the rise in prices is annoying--there is no need to assign a reporter to cover the "gas crisis" unless there is actually something new to say.
  • when I go running and get really sweaty and then I take a shower but I'm still sweating after the shower even though I used cold water so it's almost like I never showered at all.

1 comment:

Mrs.Preppy said...

I also hate it when I am just as hot after a post-workout shower. Annyoing.