Monday, May 26, 2008

Seatbelt Check!

When I was six or seven, my mom used to do this thing that I thought was SO funny where she would slam on the brakes in the car and yell "seatbelt check!" Then I would ask her to do it again and again because it felt a little bit like a roller-coaster ride and it was just so spontaneous and fun! She would never oblige me. I now know that the seatbelt checks weren't thrown in because I thought they were fun; it was because someone cut my mom off in traffic and Previas maneuver like a pregnant walrus. on land. Which brings me to my next point; Previa is a disgusting name for a car. I'm sure Toyota was trying to find a word that seemed lofty and yet attainable at the same time, but the only context I have EVER heard the word "previa" in is in the condition "placenta previa" which can lead to early delivery or even miscarriage. why would you name a minivan that?

No comments: