Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Austin Birthday

I know it's narcissistic to have two posts just about my birthday, but so is having a blog about my life, and since it's my blog, I get to do whatever I want to.
On Saturday Erin and I woke up feeling a little bit stale and cheese-logged, and had an impromptu photo shoot inspired by the enormous Warwick Reynolds image of jungle cats that hangs above my bed. Their names are Wolfgang and Sasha.
When we were finished modeling, we cleaned up and drove to Austin for my family birthday party. I have an awesome family that I love more than anything or anyone on earth and I'm incredibly blessed and lucky to have them.
Shannon, Ben and Anna came over for dinner. My mom made steak, broiled asparagus, sauteed mushrooms, baked potatoes, and a salad with green apples, pecans, and chevre with balsamic vinaigrette. For dessert we had yellow birthday cake from scratch with chocolate icing, made by my domestic goddess sister, Shannon. we took pictures with my cute niece Anna, because she's the most photogenic person on earth.
She's also learning how to eat solids by herself. She can eat 1/2 of an avocado at one time.

Sunday Morning, Erin and I practiced gymnastics in my mom's living room. This is a very artful picture of me falling while trying to do a headstand. I think I pulled an intercostal muscle with my grace.

Here is Erin doing a back walkover. I'm pretty impressed by her ability to do this. I haven't ever been able to, even as a child. probably because I have freakishly short legs.


Other highlights of the weekend: Shannon and I went to a Tex-Mex restaurant named Vivo that's on some street in Austin that I forget the name of. But if you're in Austin, you should go. The guacamole is very good and the combo platter with a chicken puffy taco and a verde enchilada was superb.

No comments: