Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I love Turkey. both kinds.


Now that I'm finished with this turkey (which was delicious, thanks mom!) and have already forgotten what relaxation felt like due to a too-short Thanksgiving break, I bought my plane ticket to go to the other Turkey over spring break!
Right now it is me and one other nerd but we're recruiting more to join. We're starting out in Istanbul for a few days to see the Blue Mosque, the Aya Sofia, the Grand Bazaar, and maybe a little cruise down the Bosphorous, heading west to see Troy and Gallipoli, then south to Ephesus (see: Ephesians, Paul's letter to the). After Ephesus, we're heading back west to Goerme in Cappadocia and then an overnight bus or train back to Istanbul. I've wanted to go to Turkey ever since I randomly signed up for an AMAZING class in undergrad about the Ottoman Empire. The only reason I signed up for it was that it was cross-listed under CulAnth and Religion, and it didn't meet on Fridays. And now I'm going there and it's going to be fabulous.
In other news, my CBC, metabolic panel, and thyroid function were all within normal limits, and that thing I thought was pharynx-eating staph was actually just benign normal oral flora. So now I know I'm perfectly healthy...except for the fact that I feel like there are little tiny men sandblasting my throat and nose right now. awesome.

No comments: