Friday, December 21, 2007

can I have a bacon sandwich on challah please?

yes I did eat a bacon and grilled cheese sandwich on challah. It was wonderful, too. I liked it so much that I felt the need to take a picture.
One of my favorite things about visiting a new place is to eat the food. Within the five days I was in New York I ate Indian, Sri Lankan, Polish, Turkish, Chinese, and anti-kosher diner food. I also had coffee from probably seven different places within five days. Food is my favorite.
I also love wandering aimlessly and just looking at things. I was partially guided by some suggested walks found in the City Walks of New York card deck. I suggest the deck to anyone visiting a new city. It makes wandering slightly less aimless
Here I am with my gracious hostess Alexandria Winslett Owen in Rockefeller center. It was very pretty and ridiculously crowded. I liked it though. But I think my very favorite thing was Chinatown, mostly because I am a cheap cheap lady. cheap as in bargaining, not as in tacky. I hope. I got a meal that would have fed two people easily plus free tea for $5.60 including tax. that's awesome. The other awesomest thing about NY was Alex's company's Christmas party, where I filled up on beef satay, shrimps, and a decadent dessert buffet. That night we got temporarily locked out of the apartment and had the great idea to go to the roof and climb the fire escape down. Apparently we made a little noise up there because the girl on the top floor came out to find us, then let us climb down her fire escape to the apartment. it was fantastic.

No comments: