Saturday, January 21, 2012

Morning Walk



Today I slept in. Until ELEVEN. I never, never do that. I am virtually incapable of sleeping past 8:00 or so, so this was a welcome surprise.

Ethan made coffee and we looked over some new recipes to try this week. He got me a subscription to "Eating Well" magazine, and we read it together, thinking of ways to adapt the recipes to be vegan. (for the record, most were easily adaptable, and it looks like a pretty awesome source. I'm excited about at least 3/4 of the stuff in there, which is more than I can say for most food magazines).

The weather is perfect--50 and sunny. We took Reagan for a walk around the neighborhood.

I saw an enormous old Magnolia and fell in love. These trees are so regal and welcoming. And they're perfect climbing trees when you're a kid (or a college student at Duke... yeah I still climbed trees in college).


Today's photo challenge is "reflection". I'm... reflecting back upon our morning walk? it's a loose association.

We're taking Reg to get all his shots updated later today, so he's going to be spoiled before and after. I'm hoping he doesn't feel too lousy tonight. sweet baby.

No comments: