Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Going Rogue

today's photo challenge is supposed to be "something you made". Since I usually can't shut up about all the things I've made (and requiring huge amounts of positive feedback from anyone around), I'm ignoring it and writing about a jumble of thoughts I've been thinking about over the past week.

- People in Dallas seriously cannot drive. Especially on the free-way. They are usually either overly aggressive and weaving in and out, or putting their brakes on in order to merge ONTO a freeway where everyone is going 55-65 MPH (SPEED MATCH TO MERGE, PEOPLE!). Also, the left lane is for passing.

- Tater tots should never be listed as an "ingredient" in anything. And I refuse to think that a dish which is comprised of ground beef, tater tots, shredded cheese, and cream of something soup is fit to serve to anyone. I would probably not even serve it to my dog.


- Food is a better medicine than many medicines. Eating a diet rich in plant foods and very, very low in animal products and added oils can in most cases prevent diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, some cases of infertility, osteoporosis, and many kinds of cancer (especially colon, breast, and prostate). Doctors all take the Hippocratic oath, but we've forgotten another of his valuable teachings: "let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food"

He was a smart dude.

- buying clothes full price makes me die a little inside. I have a Gap rewards credit card (paid off in full each month) and wait until I've gotten a $20 certificate, then go and buy something on sale and end up only spending a few dollars. I recently bought two pairs of work pants and a silk blouse for $7.00. Heck, I bought my wedding dress for $50 at a consignment shop!



- I'd rather have one piece of nice jewelry than 10 trendy junky ones. It will give my grandkids something to fight over when I die.

- Cetaphil facewash is pretty much unbeatable

- I will never get tired of peanut butter and jelly.

- I hate Oprah. I said it. Can't stand her or most of the tools that she brought into the public eye (Dr. Phil, Rachel Ray, and Dr. Oz come to mind immediately). If something makes her book list, and I've already read it, I cringe a little. If I haven't, I usually avoid buying it after it's on her list.


- I wish people would express love and appreciation with the same enthusiasm that dogs do. I think it would make the world a better place.

No comments: