Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Today was our big fun cookout. As cookouts tend to go, there was way too much food, but I got to see some friends that I've not seen in the mess that is 3rd year, and I got to eat a yummy hot dog from Rudolph's, as well as several brownies, some home-made hummus, and some angel-food cake with strawberries.
Tonight we went out to some random place in north Plano (I think it's called Oklahoma) to smoke hookah with E's brother and his girlfriend. I don't smoke a lot of things (really only the occasional hookah, and a very, VERY occasional cigar. Drugs are bad.) but it was a nice way to spend a couple of hours chatting and relaxing and listening to Cicadas sing. I just realized again that even though the day-to-day bullsh*t can get really annoying, I love my life right now, and I love where I see my life headed with E. It feels glorious.

No comments: