Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Not so bad after all...

So, it looks like I'll be taking an entire month of enforced vacation! Although I was dreading it a little bit because I'm a huge compulsive planner and taking a month off when I didn't know I was going to freaked me out a bit, It's actually rather pleasant. I've been taking medium length walks (totaling maybe 2 miles a day) and long naps. I have somehow lost weight in the last few days since surgery, maybe from using extra calories for healing? muscle atrophy? or maybe because I tried to make an effort not to have easily snackable foods in the house, only things that can be made into actual meals. I did, however, make a pan of brownies yesterday night. Over half the pan is gone somehow even though E has only eaten one single brownie. I guess that leaves me as the guilty party for like half a pan of brownies in less than 24 hours. But they're delicious!

brownie recipe:
preheat oven to 350
combine 1 stick melted butter with 1/2 cup cocoa powder
add in 1 cup of sugar and stir
add in 2 eggs and stir again
add in 2 tsp vanilla and stir again
add in 1/2 cup of flour and stir until just mixed, do not overstir.
if desired, add in a cup of chocolate chips or marshmallows or both.
if desired, Bake in a greased square brownie pan for 25 minutes; Batter is also excellent eaten straight out of the bowl :)

In the end, the month off means that I'll have to take neurology next year, but we have extra months built in with which to cushion our schedules anyways so it's not too big of a deal. For now I'll just enjoy laying around all day perusing random blogs, reading Harry Potter 7 again, and watching every movie I own (an impressive collection if I say so myself). If I start feeling motivated I'll probably begin studying for step 2 in a few weeks. I also designed the wedding invites, which took me half an hour. at least. But they're going to be pretty kick-ass as soon as we figure out exactly where we're having it. The original idea was a picnic in a park where we had one of our first dates, but apparently picnicking is illegal in that park (which I think defeats the purpose of having a park at all! like, "please enjoy our park... no fun activities allowed") which means that when we had our date we were breaking the law... didn't know I was such a rule-breaker, did you? but we may be able to still have the ceremony there if we ask nicely and appear rich enough to the right people (it's a very ritzy park). If not, we'll come up with plan B: probably a different, slightly less ritzy, park.

No comments: