Saturday, October 18, 2008

scenes from the fair!

Today I went to the Texas State Fair with a group from my sunday school class. I had never been before and I have totally been missing out! My first order of business when I got there was to eat a giant turkey leg, which is hands-down my favorite fair food.I ate that thing all the way to the bone and enjoyed every second of it. Then we went to say hello to Big Tex:

Jennie and her sister with Big Tex:


Me with some bagpipers


Ostrich? bgawk! this guy bit me a little bit
 


Me with a big sow.
 


Michelle feeding the mean ostrich
 


the Ferris wheel! I didn't ride this year but there's always next time.
 


I went on one crazy ride called the bodysurfer. It spun you upside down and then a fountain of water came up and hit you in the face! It was sooo fun. (this was before I'd had my fried s'more, naturally). I left happy and exhausted, covered with a thin lay of turkey grease, fair dust, and powdered sugar. My only regrets were that I missed the pig races and the dancing dogs. I did get to see a parrot singing "how much is that doggie in the window?" though. I can't wait to go next year!

No comments: