Thursday, October 2, 2008

post-its



After viewing this blog I decided that I need to appreciate the mundane more than I do. I don't think I have quite the level of talent that these people do, though. I secretly suspect that their post-it art is not merely innocent workplace doodling; they look to have used artists markers and other professional tools. I know where I work I'd get in trouble if I started pulling out a bunch of markers and carefully shading my post-it doodles. I tried to start an index-card doodle today with the aim of making something cool, but I gave up halfway because it was work, where I'm supposed to be paying attention. Plus I started getting pimped on every aspect of how to read EKGs and how they electrophysiologically work. I didn't do too shabbily though. Yesterday I got pimped on diabetic ketoacidosis for like fifteen minutes. That was a bit more painful. luckily the intern was sitting just behind my attending mouthing answers to me! Ha.
great news is: it's finally getting cool enough for me to sit in my office-closet. For those who don't know, I had what was supposed to be an enormous closet in one corner of my house. I decided that it should be my office instead (it has bookshelves! and a window! It could probably function as a second bedroom in Manhattan.) Hopefully this means I will be able to get more work done without being distracted by the wide open space of the rest of my apartment.

No comments: