Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mama Mia and other Mamas.

I went yesterday with Karla to see Mama Mia. It was one of the funnest movies ever and fully satisfied my hunger for 70's Swedish pop kitsch as well as my need to occasionally see a group of men in bathing suits and flippers doing coordinated song and dance routines (a need I didn't know I had until I saw the movie). While discussing the brilliance of the movie this morning at work, one of my colleagues claimed that he had never HEARD of ABBA! HERESY! I even sang a line of "Dancing Queen" and he still didn't get it. For those of you who are unfortunately not in the know about the wonders of this group, here's a pic:



Another great thing about the movie: you get to see Meryl Streep in a role where she doesn't have a sad life or a terminal disease. Maybe not Oscar-worthy, but still super fun. And you get to see Colin Firth in sequins and spandex and platform shoes.


Other Mamas: ruining my life at work. Either they're overbearing (page the resident because the baby's poo is green...fourth time mom.) or they're getting hauled off by CPS.

No comments: