Saturday, April 16, 2011

this one's for the boys

In line with the imaginary little girl's room, I thought I should do one for the imaginary boys.

I would start out with the same Fjellse Bed from Ikea


with headboards upholstered in a cowhide



(most cowhides are big enough to cover either two twin beds or a queen- possibly a king if you got a big hide)

I would use a cozy and tough-wearing blanket from Pendleton for bedding.






Each bed would have a small storage ottoman at the end, like this one:



Upholstered in this Ikea fabric:


For a bedside table, I would get a Rast chest from Ikea, and hack it like so:



They would each have an industrial-style sconce over the bed:



For reading bedtime stories, there would be a pair of club chairs:



Between which would be this little table:



I would use this rug:




And get a canvas made of this painting by Henri Rosseau



Just as cool as the girl's room, but yet totally different. And I think that both the rooms could grow with children for more than a couple of years--smart AND cost-effective.

No comments: