Saturday, April 2, 2011

shower curtain.



This is the new shower curtain I made using a premier prints indoor-outdoor stripe. When I bought it, I had no idea what I would use it for, but I figured it out soon enough.

How to make one:
1. get 4 yards of 54 inch wide fabric.

2. cut it in half width-wise.

3. cut one of those segments into thirds, length-wise

4. sew a panel to either side of your big, undivided square of fabric, and iron the seams open.

5. sew the third panel across the top, perpendicular. then trim and hem sides of shower curtain.

6. place 12 grommets across the top according to package directions, and using a hammer.

7. figure out how high you would like the shower curtain; mark the bottom hem, and then hem it.

this is a pretty easy and quick project. I think it took me about an hour all together, most of which was spent ironing.

No comments: