Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pizza Party!

On Saturday Ethan and I had a dinner date with our friends Brittany and Ray. Brittany and Ray go to our Sunday school class and they have a 7-month-old daughter who is cute as a button!


Brittany has a blog of her own
and designed my new fancy blog header for me!

Since we all like to cook and they have an infant, we decided it would be easier and more fun to make our own pizza. We made one with chicken and pesto (which Brittany, Mrs. Crafty Lady, made herself using basil that she grew on her back porch!) And one with peppers, pepperoni, and cheese.



Of course almost as soon as I took out my camera, it died on me, so I didn't get any pictures of either myself or Brittany holding our delicious pizzas. Here's a picture of me and Ethan instead:



And my new kitchen improvement: matching ceramic spice jars from IKEA; we filled them with spices bought by weight at Central Market (which jar and spice ends up being about the same cost as buying a glass jar full of spices). I labeled them with a grease pencil so we can easily change the labels if our spice collection rotates.


Other news: I have eleven interviews (listed in order):
UTSW in Dallas
Scott and White in Temple
UTMB in Austin
Baylor in Dallas
Methodist in Dallas
Kaiser Santa Clara in Santa Clara, CA
Exempla Saint Joseph in Denver, Colorado
University of Colorado Denver
Methodist in Houston
LBJ in Houston
Baylor in Houston

I am going to be one busy lady in November and December!

1 comment:

Karen said...

You are awesome!! Good Luck!
Mom