Wednesday, February 25, 2009

on a lighter note

over the last couple of weeks, I've lost 10-12 lbs. Mysteriously. I'm not sure where they went, and I've been eating like a drunk frat boy (last night I had several pints of Shiner, fried pickles dipped in ranch, and split a deluxe fried seafood platter with E. I woke up this morning a pound and a half lighter than yesterday). And I haven't been working out hard (once or twice a week, thanks). How is it that all the times when I actually tried to lose weight it was harder than heck to get it to come off, and now I'm doing all the things you're supposed to do if you want to be wicked fat and it's falling off of me? I haven't weighed this little since sophomore year in high school.
I think the real reason is that I'm ridiculously stressed. My body has kicked into a sympathetic fight or flight response... my pulse as I sit here and type is somewhere around 100. I've also woken up the last few days around 4-5 AM and laid in bed unable to go back to sleep or even close my eyes. Which is pretty annoying since I'm now on a rotation where I don't have to be in until 8 AM typically (psych). I'll be honest, psych hours are pretty bad-ass. Plus they ask me how I feel every morning.
Take Luck!

No comments: