Monday, January 28, 2008

wine and frito pie

Friday night was the annual wine and cheese party. This is pretty much THE EVENT of the year for us. It consists of eating a plateful of cheese while pretending to be civilized.
Me and JW in our fancy clothes
When the cheese of gone, then the party turns more to drinking heartily from a large table covered in random bottles of wine.

After that, those with endurance hang around for an awesome dance party:
I believe that I'm singing "Livin' on a Prayer" in the above picture. After all that dancing we went to Taco Cabana, which is the best place to go for late-night in Texas (and I will fight anyone who disagrees with me).

Sunday morning was the annual all-church Chili cookoff at FUMC. I made cornbread and ate as many samples as I could get my greedy little hands on. One of the rules in the $1 per meal or less eating plan says that whenever I can get food for free, I eat as much of it as possible. Here are the shiny, happy young Methodists with our Chili:
Today began the dreaded renal (kidney) block in school. Three weeks of studying the different ions in the body and how they can get pushed out of whack... wish me luck!

No comments: