Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And the winner is...

Me. I'm the winner. But don't tell this guy, because he thinks that he is. Maybe we both win... I'm not counting.

 
Posted by Picasa


So yesterday I was on call on general surgery. I was waiting for my patient to be called to the OR from 8 AM until 1 AM (and if you were counting, that's 17 hours). At that point, They told me to go see another case because my patient was likely not going to go to surgery today. It was an open laparotomy for a ruptured gall bladder, and we finished at 4 AM. Then I slept in a chair for an hour and got up to see my patients. I'm pooped. But i almost don't care, because I've got one of the most marvelous people I've ever met to call up at the end of the day. And now I'm falling asleep as I write this post, so I'm off to nap for a loooong time. peace in your barrio. I know I'll have some in mine.
mwoah,
Lauren Losefast

No comments: